Often we are met with questions regarding driving license or a CBT test for moped that can reach up higher speed of 27 mph. In our humble opinion, there is nothing more enjoyable and liberating than to travel around UK on moped. Want to know the answer? Read this article.
At the top speed of 30 mph those vehicles are quite fun and quick, however they indeed do need CBT test for moped or a driving license as they fall under the AM category. While our mopeds are as powerful as any 50cc mopeds, they are more eco-friendly as they don’t use gas but electricity.
The CBT stands for Compulsory Basic Training. In lieu of not having a full driving license, you would need to go and sit your CBT exam. This course will be a proof that you can handle the basics of riding a bike. While it will come with some limitations, a CBT will allow you to ride vehicles similar to a 50cc moped to more or less its full potential.
What mopeds does Velobike have in its offer?
Getting your first quicker means of transport, provided you have finished CBT test for moped can be quite a challenge. Because of that, at Velobike we have only picked the best products which would suit people of all various preferences.
- SAGITTA — Super fast electric moped. SAGITTA rides as fast as an arrow. It is fitted with Dual Front Wheel Technology, and it can tackle multiple terrain types. Thanks to Lithium-Ion of 72V it has a very long range. Powerful motor of 2000W ensures that you can drive this vehicle really fast and climb any hill.
- ADVENA — You can travel in any weather with ADVENA — fully enclosed electric moped. This futuristic electric vehicle is available on the grand British market only at Velobike. Manufactured with high quality comfort in mind and full of the newest tech, this awesome three wheeled machine will take you anywhere that you desire.
All of those models were tested by us and our customers, and we can say for sure that they can lead to a very fun, very satisfying riding experience. But how old does one need to ride a moped?
Can mopeds be used by 16 years old and can they do CBT test for moped?
Certainly! The CBT test for moped is just a quick course. It can be completed by any UK citizen that is 16 years of age in just few hours. The purpose of this course is to just teach new users of such vehicles. Doing the course you will learn how to stay safe on the road and is in no way hard to do.
After you’ve completed CBT, you can ride any of our mopeds on roads and because they can reach the speed of 27 mph (ca. 43 km/h), you can even drive them on dual carriageway. The CBT does come with some limitations:
- You are limited to a top speed of 28 mph (ca. 45 km/h) at the age of sixteen.
- You are not able to go on the motorway.
- Cannot pick up any kind of passenger. You are allowed to carry items, but not people. For this you would need motorbike driving license.
- The L plates that you are provided with will have to stay on until further notice.
If you have more questions about CBT test for moped, you can follow this link or always ask us for details. We truly believe this moped would suit you though so why not order one now? They do come fully assembled after all!
Subscribe to our Facebook and be up to date with all the news right as they appear!